Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Avoid Overwhelm at Year End

Lately I've felt really anxious as we moved into the month of October, and now it's November. It's been especially busy this year and the thought pattern is in place that things are about to break loose, get crazy, become overwhelming!! Finally, I had to stop and say "hello.... you are a coach.... you know how to handle this.!!"

Anticipation of countless 'to do's' ahead can be overwhelming. The key is to get started. Create a plan of small doable tasks. Begin! Feel better about yourself by doing, accomplishing, renewing, and acknowledging your progress. So I scheduled in time this week to make my year-end plan! A year-end plan includes what you want to complete by year-end on holiday, personal, professional and even financial tasks/ goals. Now I know what I have to do. Whew! While the tasks are many it feels good to know exactly what needs to be done.

I began taking action last night and got enough done to feel I'm off to a strong start. Getting started on Christmas cards makes me feel ahead of the game. Knowing where I want to be at the end of the year is a vision that motivates me into more action. While I am busy now I know that the month of December is filled with additional events that will steal more time. So I'm getting things done now in order that I can really enjoy the holiday season without stress.

Make sure in your year-end plan you include a 'Need List' of things you need to pick up... scotch tape, gifts, a new planner for 2010, etc. Keep it with you. When you are out and about you can be efficient like Santa, check your list and check it twice. See if there is anything you can pick up. Save yourself a trip later, and have more time for family fun.   

When will you schedule 20 minutes to create your year-end plan? What do you want to leave in 2009 in order to begin 2010 fresh? How do you want to develop your mind set for 2010?

Add your comments and tips below. We learn so much more when we all share our best tips.

As you continue to be unlimited~
Beth
http://www.startingnowcoaching.com/

No comments: